Thursday, April 24, 2014

P-3 and Catedral de Barcelona

I finally got to meet all my P-3 Students today and I can't believe how much English they understand! I taught them a song to help them learn the days of the week in English, which I think my cooperating teacher really liked. I ate lunch at the school today and it was much more decadent than I expected: meatballs, bread, fruit, calamari, and another Spanish dish (don't remember the name). Of course, lunch is the third meal of the day in Spain so I don't know how they eat so much after two breakfasts. Afterwards, we went to buy metro tickets and stopped to get some macarones dessert. I had never had macarones before so this was a real treat.



After school, I went with friends to see the Catedral de Barcelona. It was beautiful and we had a great time exploring the area around it. Also, we were quite proud that we were able to navigate the metro on our own! I think we're starting to finally get a feel for the city. Here's some pictures from our explorations today:












In reference to the wall sculpture in the last picture, rumor has it that if you rub the turtle back, it will bring you good luck, so we all rubbed it just in case. Another incredible day in Barcelona, tomorrow after school, I will be going with my host family to their mountain house. I may or may not have wifi, but I'm sure I'll have a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment