Sunday, April 27, 2014

Weekend Excursion

Friday after school, I went with my host family to their house in the mountains. The drive was beautiful but the roads made me a little car sick with all the twists and turns. There was no wifi at their mountain house so excuse the long post, it contains everything I did this weekend.


By the time we got there, we had just enough time to unpack, play a quick board game, and eat dinner before bed time. Also, we saw this super cool fox that came straight to the back door while we were playing board games.


Saturday I got to sleep in (hallelujah!) and then we went hiking in a mountain range just north of the cabin (in southern France). It was quite a walk but it was well worth it when we reached the lake and had our picnic lunch.






And if this beautiful hike wasn't enough, the next day, we went on a nature walk and went horseback riding.






It was a great weekend and I'm really glad I chose to spend it with my host family trading songs, playing board games, taking walks, eating delicious food, and playing in the sun. On to the week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment