Friday, May 2, 2014

Sagrada Familia

So I'm about to go on a blogging tangent while I have the energy. First up: La Sagrada Familia. HOLY COW. The architecture was like nothing I've ever seen. It's no wonder this city has an ongoing love affair with all things Gaudi. For anyone unfamiliar with this gorgeous piece of architecture, here's a picture that gives you an idea of the sheer scale and beauty.


It's still under construction and my host dad told me it's been funded entirely by the people (as opposed to the government). It's massive, and if you think the outside is beautiful, just wait till you see the inside. Oh, and that little building with a curvy roof to the right of the Sagrada? That's a school Gaudi built for the workers' children during early construction. 



Here are some more pictures of the outside of the Sagrada Familia. The detail is hugely impressive. 




The inside of the Sagrada Familia is legitimately awe-inspiring. So much so that I will simply let these pictures speak for themselves.





These pictures really don't do it justice, this monument is glorious to say the least. I hope one day I can see it competed, I can't even imagine how incredible it will be. Might be my favorite sight so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment