Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Last Day

I can hardly believe we are leaving Barcelona in the morning. I have learned so much about the culture of the region, using my music skills to teach other subjects, and so much more. I can't wait to use my experiences here in my own classroom one day. Here are just a few pictures from my amazing and bittersweet last day in Catalunya.

This is just one of the 4 classes I worked with while at RMSI and I couldn't have loved it more. These kids were the sweetest and it really was amazing how well they responded to being taught in English. Music was really an asset when working with this age group, it became a kind of universal language that we could all enjoy. I got to share so many English songs from my childhood and they even taught me a Spanish song or two :)


This is a bag and book that my students made as a surprise. The book is filled with drawings of me and their favorite things. I have no idea how my cooperating teacher put together this project without my knowledge but it meant so much to me and I know that I will keep this forever as a reminder of my time in Spain with these amazing kids.


Finally, RMSI was kind enough to host a going-away lunch for us and our cooperating teachers at the school, complete with pizza and gifts. This small gesture was so simple but so meaningful. The teachers and administrators here were so welcoming and kind to me and my peers, so it was only fitting for us to all be able to share our last lunch together. My teacher in particular, was absolutely amazing and worked so hard to include me in every aspect of the teaching experience at RMSI. I feel so lucky to have been placed with her and I know that we'll stay in touch for years to come.


As I prepare to leave Barcelona, I can only hope that one day I might be able to return to see all the great friends I've made. For now, I'm looking forward to seeing my friends and family in Kentucky and I know that whatever happens, this experience has helped me become the teacher I want to be. 

Goodbye Barcelona, I'll miss you so much.
Hello Kentucky, we'll see ya soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment